Wednesday 23 September 2009

BDSM Events This Week: 1 in Real Time and 1 in Virtual Space

I wanted to bring to your attention two events that I recommend and will actually be attending. The first event is the BZ Conference in cyberspace. My girl has mentioned these before, but with what is coming up on Thursday, I thought I would mention it again. Master Black Zeus has been running these conferences for years now. He has won the BlackBEAT community award for providing these services to the community. (As a note, while Master Black Zeus was away attending the Masters and slaves conference in DC, he asked me to fill in for them for him. Had a blast doing it for the last 3 weeks).

I think that this experience is a great way for novices to get some experiences with some people who have a lot of real time knowledge. It is pretty good for more experienced players too. And tomorrow (Thursday the 24th, for those of you coming here later), Catherine Gross is being interviewed. I have spoken of her stuff before, and those of you unfamiliar with her should check out the links. If you want to attend, the password is “gifts” (without the quotes). It should be fascinating, and I hope to see some new faces there. Bring a mic so you can really participate (the software supports both a camera and a mic, but you can type if you are feeling shy or don’t have the equipment). Both myself and my girl (unless things change) will be there!

The other event, the Charlotte Fetish Fair Flea Market, will be in town this weekend. I am planning to attend this weekend, so if you want to catch me in person Saturday is the date to do so. In case you haven’t heard, the Fetish Fair Flea Market is:

What is a Fetish Fair Fleamarket(tm)? The Fetish Fair Fleamarket brings

togther top national vendors with local crafters and businesses to

create a showcase of fetish, leather, latex, and BDSM shopping that is

unmatched. The exhibits are accompanied by a full program of classes,

demonstrations, and meet-ups, gala nighttime events, and other fun.

Here is the class schedule for this weekend. It looks interesting. There is even a FetLife meet up (and LifeJournal? People still use that? lol). Hope to see you there. Look for the big bald guy in the leather vest… er yeah that might not be a good description for a leather event. LOL. Well try to find me and say “hi” anyway.

I hope to hear from you guys in the comments.

MV



No comments:

Post a Comment