Wednesday 27 January 2010

This is why we can't have nice things.

I was reading a kinky message board and found a post called “Looking for a toy…” and, like when one drives past a car wreak, I just had to look. It consisted of a single line, where a women asked any submissive men to pm her. With no details at all posted about herself (her first post.)

God damn it, this is why we can’t have nice things. There are so many things wrong with this I don’t know where to start, and the sad thing is you know that this person got tons of messages based entirely on nothing! Are submissive men really this desperate? That they would immediately throw themselves at any WSH (woman shaped object.)? This just screams objectification to me, it turns the woman into a prop that you use as a set piece for your fantasies. And that’s not a fulfilling place for anyone.

Of course she’s not entirely without blame either, it this sort of behaviour (admittedly from a minority) and sense of self entitlement that allow this attitude to persist. It’s sad to see one pedestal for another.

*Sigh*

-Matthew (I am Male-sub, hear me roar.)

[Via http://malesubroar.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment